Thursday, July 9, 2009

Visa on the way!

Yesterday I finally received my Notice of Appointment and final contracts, so today I schlepped my "Korea Binder" down to the consulate in DC to get my visa application processed. The Korean embassy has three buildings downtown, spread out over about a half mile of Massachusetts Ave. I first ended up at the KORUS House, which is an information center, but then I figured out how to get to the consulate.

After about a 10 minute wait I got up to the window and the man informed me that the visa application I had filled out was old and I needed to fill out a new one. Mind you, the second form looked EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE I BROUGHT IN, with some minor formatting changes. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I will assume that the Korean fine print said something that I couldn't read that explained the need for the new form.

After transferring the information from my nicely typed visa form to the one provided at the embassy, I went back up to the window where they took my application, checklist, contract and $45 and I was on my way. I can pick up my passport, complete with Korean E-2 visa, next Tuesday afternoon.

I guess that makes it kind of real now...right? Eesh.

1 comment:

  1. It’s a rare thing to find someone as generous and kind as you. Thank you for supporting my dreams, no matter what. I couldn’t ask for a better partner.

    ReplyDelete