Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hard to Hate!

Yesterday was one of those terrible weather days that could make you hate where ever you were.  Seoul has this thing it does where it manages to be both foggy and raining at the same time.  Its super classy.  Yesterday it was also cold and windy, rendering your umbrella pretty useless.  I haven't been feeling very well this week (again with the sinus tomfoolery) and I haven't been sleeping very well.  I woke up for work and slugged through the masses to get to my school.  I spent all morning at camp yelling over 30+ second through fourth graders and oscillating between activities (all planned by the winter camp staff, not me) that were either entirely too long/complicated to complete in 40 minutes (see: wooden dinosaur models) or were no where near involved enough to even take up 20 minutes (see: candy shop).  Moral of the story, it had all the makings of a horrible day.  If I wasn't in a good place right now it could have gotten hellla negative...and fast. 

And...yet....somehow it didn't.  Throughout the day I kept finding/seeing/hearing things that made me smile. 

The little girl who is without a doubt on the Autism spectrum even though we don't talk about that here rocking OUT and excelling at making the stegosaurus model.

The 80 year old man laughing to himself as he rode his bike up the hill...IN the underground subway station.

The new video screen that they just installed in the Jamsil Station that either constantly plays the SHINee Ring Ding Dong video, OR can sense when I am coming so it starts playing the SHINee Ring Ding Dong video.  No lie, it has been playing every time I have walked by it this week.  And in case you didn't know, this song is my happy place.  Seriously.  I am obsessed with it. (Also big ups to the cell phone store on my way home where I've heard this song twice this week.)

I CHALLENGE YOU not to be happy when watching this video.  It is AWESOME.


Anyway, moral of the story, is that I guess life is not about shutting out the bad, but celebrating the good.  You are going to have totally crappy days, but as long as you let go of them and wake up the next morning ready to roll, that's fine.  And if you need  pick me up, just pop on some Ring Ding Dong and dance around your aparment for a little while.  Its fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, elastic.


2 comments: