Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Mom Rules!

Yesterday I got a care package from my mom, complete with passion fruit tic tacs, Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion for my co-teacher (they don't have B&BW here and my co-teacher loves that scent from when she lived in the US), five tiny bottles of scented hand sanitizer, a Girl Scout calendar, whistle, stickers, three new shirts and a crapton of cold and sinus medication. The most exciting of these things were the shirts (I am so sick of all of my clothes already!) and the sinus medication (the other night I broke and went into a Korean pharmacy where I tried to pantomime congestion after which the woman looked at me like I was crazy. I used words like decongestant, stuffy, can't breathe....and nothing. Finally a random guy was like "nasal blockage" and gave me some pills...all in Korean. So Young confirmed that they are decongestants and told me the dosage. But now I won't have to take them since I am back in the wonderful world of Tylenol Cold and Sinus.

Also, last night I was leaving my favorite restuarant and a college aged girl ran after me. Her parents own the restaurant and she asked if I would help her practice her English. Her nameis Sang Ah and Angie and I are meeting her tonight for dinner. She is going to teach us some Korean, also. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment